Boiron Children’s Chestal Honey cough syrup works with the body as an expectorant to improve the productivity of a cough instead of working against the body as a suppressant. The sweet-tasting filtered honey soothes the throat and thins mucus.The blend of homeopathic medicines loosening chest congestion and relieves all common coughs that occur with a cold: productive/wet, dry, barking, croupy and night coughs. Chestal Honey is a daytime and nighttime solution—calming those dry, fitful coughs at bedtime that prevent sleep. It won’t interact with other medications. It is non-habit-forming, dye-free, and 99.9 percent alcohol-free.
Recommended for children ages 2 and up, Children’s Chestal Honey is available over the counter in a 6.7 fl oz recyclable glass bottle with a dosage cup for 40 doses. Also try Oscillococcinum® for flu symptoms and the ColdCalm® line.
- Antimonium tartaricum 6C HPUS—Helps loosen thick mucus
- Bryonia 3C HPUS—Relieves dry and painful cough
- Coccus cacti 3C HPUS—Relieves cough associated with a tickling in the throat
- Drosera 3C HPUS—Relieves barking cough worse at night
- Ipecacuanha 3C HPUS—Relieves cough associated with nausea
- Pulsatilla 6C HPUS—Relieves wet cough during the day becoming dry at night
- Rumex crispus 6C HPUS—Relieves dry cough triggered by cold air
- Spongia tosta 3C HPUS—Relieves dry, croupy and barking cough
- Sticta pulmonaria 3C HPUS—Relieves nighttime hacking cough
The letters HPUS indicate that this ingredient is officially included in the Homeopathic Pharmacopœia of the United States.
- Citric acid
- Purified water
- Sodium benzoate